ConDev offers a number of opportunities for students and partners, which are advertised below as well as on ConDev’s Facebook and Twitter pages. If you are seeking to partner with ConDev, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: March 31st
Scholarships will be awarded to both undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in an agricultural curriculum at an institution that offers degrees in agriculture. Preference will always be given to applicants with a desire to work in some aspect of food animal production. $1000 for 2 Year Programs, $2000 for 4 Year Programs & $3000 for Graduate and Veterinary Programs.
Semilla Nueva is hiring! This ConDev partner and 501c3 organization helps rural Guatemalan farmers find a path to better nutrition, lasting food security, and prosperity through more nutritious seeds. We are currently working with them on a Quality Protein Maize project in Guatemala. The Communications Coordinator position could be a good fit for recent graduates committed to international development, though the organization also offers fellowships. Spanish required.
Honors Travel Awards – open to Aggies in Texas A&M’s University Honors Program
Deadline: April 15th & May 15th
The Texas A&M Honors Program is offering travel scholarships (10 awards of up to $200 each) to students in the University Honors Program. Deadlines to apply: Apr 15th & May 15th, 2017.
Deadline: Rolling deadline
DIV holds a year-round grant competition for innovative ideas, pilots and tests them using cutting-edge analytical methods, and scales solutions that demonstrate widespread impact and cost-effectiveness.
The Global Innovation Fund invests in social innovations that aim to improve the lives of millions in the developing world. Through grants and risk capital, it supports breakthrough solutions with strong potential for social impact at a large scale. Ranges $50,000 to $15 million. Rolling basis. http://www.globalinnovation.fund/apply-to-gif
- Student Innovators for Development
- Student Media Grant
- Bangladesh & India: Human-Wildlife Conflict in the Sundarbans
- Ethiopia: Fighting for Childhoods
- France and Greece: A Day in the Life of a Refugee
- Guatemala: Rephotography
- Haiti: Rural Food Security through a Woman’s Lens
- India: Boosting Nutrition through Female Ag Extension
- India: Ethnic Conflict and Forest Governance in Assam
- Mali: Markets and Household Food Security
- Nepal: The Plight of the Labor Migrant
- Nicaragua: Natural Resource Conflict
- Nigeria: Boko Hazards
- Peru: Land Use in Protected Areas
- ConDev Coursework at Texas A&M
- Capstone Courses