The aim of the Congo Peace Center (CPC) is to support and achieve sustainable peace in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and facilitate its integration into a more stable and peaceful Great Lakes region. The CPC is committed to achieving good governance, inclusive economic development, and national integration and reconciliation.
The Congo Peace Center works to:
- Promote national and local community dialogue as a sustainable foundation for Congolese peace and development;
- Establish civic, economic, and security training programs for Congolese citizens and officials;
- Elevate Congolese voices as the key to setting the country’s agenda for development and governance;
- Raise awareness and reinforce institutional capacities regarding justice and the fight against impunity;
- Join the DRC in equipping itself of new forms of decentralized and participative governance and laws;
- Build capacity for peace-building and conflict prevention at the local level across Congo;
- Build a common regional strategy aimed at the eradication of negative forces and promotion of cross-border development;
- Contribute to the eradication of extreme poverty through integrative and labor-intensive community projects;
- Focus on institutional development and transparency in decision-making as a key to progress and sustainability.
ConDev and CPC work with a number of organizations across DRC to promote its vision. This center includes a conference center at Université Catholique du Graben in Butembo with a seating capacity of 600. The center aims to promote regional dialogue, conflict and development publications, and other activities with the goal of leading to stability.